Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pillow Forts

So I'm watching Family Guy Episode on Volume 1, and Peter Griffin climbed into a pillow / seat cushion fort.

My question is this... How old is too old for a pillow fort?
Unfortunately, I have only 1 couch with three cushions, not enough for an adequate fort.... but if I had more cushions, I assure you I would set up a small fort.
Why not?

You're likely asking why... here are some reasons, not practical ones, but reasons none the less:

  • prevent distractions
    I personally find it difficult to concentrate on things I dislike. Especially work I'm taking home, etc. BUT, in a pillow fort, I can concentrate on only what I should be reading / doing.
  • Daydreaming
    Yes, very different from concentrating, but then again not really. Letting the mind 'wander' is very difficult for those of us who prescribe to the pursuit of the mundane ritual of dragging ourselves toour respective jobs and schools to be told what to do, when to do it, etc. Being able to close your eyes and imagine things can be a fantastic mental break / vacation. But with everything around us, especially our "responsibilities", it's nearly impossible for most people to daydream (I don't have that problem really) and a pillow fort would likely be the best thing.

    Well, those are about the only 2 reasons I can think of...... I honestly thought I'd have a longer list. Oh well

    This blogging is kinda fun...

  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger rawbean said...

    any you know chantoon is just ready to pounce and get in on that action.

    yea I said pounce.

    28/7/05 22:10  
    Blogger rawbean said...

    I also said "any" instead of "and" how embarassing...

    28/7/05 22:14  
    Blogger Huma said...

    Futon?
    Chantoon, Chantoon, Chantoon... Just flip the futon off the frame while the frame is in the upright position, it should be relatively easy to set it up like a little 'a-frame pup tent'.
    While this futon fort is easy to set up, it does lack the ability for much customization, for this you need a matching sofa and loveseat

    28/7/05 23:58  

    Post a Comment

    << Home