Thursday, August 04, 2005

Everyone's 'Secret' Song

I was away on a road trip this past weekend. Typical stuff on the car ride happened... Stupid 'how do you rate in bed' magazine quizzes (BTW, I'm a 21 ;), attempts at deep philosophical discussion, counting train cars, etc.
Most interestingly though, was perusing everyone's CD's.
I think, when it comes to music, guys have it tough.... The ladies are allowed to enjoy pretty much any and all music: Top 40, heavy metal, country, hip hop and yadda yadda yadda.. But guys are not allowed ALL of those same choices...
Back to the car ride... I'm going through one of the fellow's Cd's and throw in his CD 'Doug's Mix' (Doug not really his name). The music was pretty standard for a mx made a few years ago... some timeless Gun's N' Roses, some Eminem (we all listened to that for a while), a couple rock ballads, some Bob Dylan and so on... but in the middle of his selections.. 'Caribbean Queen' by BILLY OCEAN!!!

Now I feel for Doug... I was smart enough to leave my 'Secret' songs at home and EVERY guy has one or two... Maybe even a secret band. Doug's only mistake was to leave his CD in the car when others were going on a long car ride with him... Of course we were going to go through all his stuff... That's just something you do on a road trip.

Anway, the question is this: What's your secret song? (or band). Everyone has one. That embarrassing tune you listen to to wake you out of a bummer of a day. Maybe if you hear played at the mall, you catch yourself tapping your foot to it... Maybe you even get caught on the security camera mouthing the lyrics as you're waiting for the elevator.

We ALL have one. What's yours? Let's make sure Doug knows he isn't alone.

3 Comments:

Blogger rawbean said...

"Boyz to Men - Its so hard to say Goodbye to Yesterday". Every now and then it gets looped into my MP3's and I have to be like "how did that get there?" if I have guests over.

4/8/05 23:58  
Blogger Huma said...

All right - A few have mentioned their songs.. only fair I add my 'current' Secret Song.
Right now on my MP3 player, you could find 'Nothing's Gonna Change my Love' Remixed.

There it is. It's out there. No weight lifted from my shoulder, just a fear that people will now point and laugh when they see me on the street.

9/8/05 00:21  
Blogger Huma said...

Chantoon, admitting you have a problem, in this case it being Kenny Loggins, is the first step. Be happy!

We should all commend Chantoon for her bravery and be more like her.

P.S. The original "Nothing's gonna change.."is by Glen Medeiros - the remix I have on MP3 is some boyband (they're all the same)

9/8/05 17:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home