Friday, January 27, 2006

Sals on the bridge

A friend and I visited the Sals on the Provencher bridge (aka Esplanade Riel) today for lunch.

To me, Salisbury House has always been a place to order reasonable greasy food, enjoy yourself as you study, or drown your hangover and people watch. I've heard how this Sal's is nicer; nicer decor, table service, etc.

So we made the trek... a pleasant except for the wind. We got there and waited, let's say 10 - 15 minutes to be seated. The restaurant was busy, but really... shoudn't they have more than 3 staff on the floor for a restaurant nearly 3/4 full? I'm not one to complain about these types of thinjgs, BUT, we both only have the hour for lunch.....

Anyway... we sit down, and get our menus; normal Salisbury fare. There are all day breakfasts, nips, sandwiches, etc. I had the THREE CHEESE BURGER while Boney M (name changed to respect privacy had the normal cheeseburger... and they were typical, standard , lacklustre burgers.. kinda what I like at Sals.

My overall review / impression. I Will go back. I can't imagine anything better than having a greasy breakfaast, with typical easy going, relaxed service Sals style; the morning of a hangover, while looking out on the river, but in too much pain to appreciate it.

Folks... unless you have somewhere to be - I SAY GO. River dining Sals style... what's more winnipeg than that? It's like the North end Esatern European is treading on the turf of the Franco-Manitobain.... Truly Canadian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home