Saturday, August 06, 2005

Adding 'Mc' to insult

Like everyone else, I come across people I consider unintelligent, tiresome, and all other forms of irritating.
I'm not a prick or anything like that, but when you think about it, it a matter of numbers.
If you come across 100 people throughout your day, what are the odds all 100 are good people you find interesting... I don't know what the ratio of good vs 'not good' is, but I think I've made my point. Not everyone is of a pleasant or likeable character.
Anyway, back to Adding 'Mc' to insult....

If I called someone a 'dumbass' what are you likely to think? You likely would suspect that said dumbass lacks in intelligence, but also that I'm a rather rude individual for having refered to someone as a dumbass.

But!! If I called that person something like 'Dougie McDumbass' - you still get the picture, not take it as seriously, and go on with life.

So is there a question here... I don't know.
I suppse I'm curious to know if you consider adding 'Mc' to insult does have the desired effect, or if I'm potentially causing a rift between myself and our Scottish community.

1 Comments:

Blogger rawbean said...

I was totally waiting for a McDonalds reference in there....didn't see the Scottish reference coming at all....does that make me a dumbass?

In any case calling something like it is is cool if the person is out of earshot...if they hear you, then you are a douchebag. Yea I said douchebag.

8/8/05 18:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home