Monday, January 30, 2006

I've been tagged

Well Well Well...

Those chain emails where you answer 10 questions and forward them all to your friends to help a child in Peru get the medical treatment he needs to survive cancer and then work in a pet rescue shelter have evolved to the world of blogging.

Well cool by me.. cuz if you're actually coming to my site - you're looking to waste some time and I'm not polluting you ibox with my answers :).

4 Jobs I've Had
1. Stall mucker (shovelling horse poop)
2. Midnight Shift Banquet Porter (cleaning up after weddings and parties on Saturday nights)
3. Sandwich Artist (but I had to give the shirt back when I quit... sigh)
4. Tree Nursery / landscaping
I intentionally listed jobs from earlier in life because when you write them down they seem to reflect something about me, and they seem more interesting than what I do now

4 Movies I can watch over and over
1. Willow
2. Zulu (w/ Michael Cain)
3. Princess Bride ("Rodents of unusual size? I don't believe they exist.")
4. Robotech series on DVD (if DVD box sets don't count then I'll say The Newton Boys)

4 Places I've Lived
1. Winnipeg, Manitoba
2. Beausejour, Manitoba
3. that's about it
4. not too exciting, eh?

4 Places I've Vacationed
1. Vancouver, BC
2. Montreal, PQ
3. Calgary, AB
4. St Petersburg, FLA (though may not count, as I was visited the snowbird grandparents while I was in high school)

4 Of My Favorite Dishes
1. MY whole wheat, lead in your gut, oatbran, flax seed, oat bran .... you can only eat 1 at a sitting PANCAKES
2. Agedashi Tofu (from Asahi)
3. MY Reuben (no 1000 island dressing here... "get outta here with that"!)
4. Szechuan Beef from Grand Garden Dim Sum

4 Non-Blogger Sites I visit daily
1. UltiVillage.com - Clip of the day
2. Wimp.com (careful what you click on)
3. cbc.ca
4. BBC World News (not everyday, but a few times a week)

4 Places I'd Like to Visit
1. Santiago, Chile
2. Madagascar (cuz I'm pretty certain tehre are rain forests there, and gotta prove Milo wrong)
3. Belarus (or any of the former Soviet Baltic states)
4. Mongolia (just to visit a place that's hopefully untouched by Coke, IBM, Protctor and Gamble, etc)

4 People I'm Tagging for this Meme (What's a Meme?...and the people I tag, if it's not your thing, no worries...)
1. Blondie
2. Druski
3. Boney M(she hasn't posted to a blog yet... but I think she might now)
4. Rodrigo (cuz I haven't worked a shift with him in a while, and wonder if he's alive?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

Alright breaking my cardinal "no chain letter rule" just 4 u.

4 jobs I've had
1. data entry in a hospital
2. assistant at a chiropractor
3. assistant for an accountant
4. assistant at a chamber of commerce

Mom did always insist that typing would stand me in good stead - becuase you never know where you'll end up.

4 movies
1. Top Gun (before TC went bad)
2. Tarzan (yes the cartoon, love trash'n the camp)
3. Annie (do you have to ask?)
4. Moulan Rouge/Chicago - oh the passion...

4 places I've lived
1. Altona, Manitoba
2. Gretna Manitoba
3. Winnipeg, MB
4. Richmond, BC

4 places I've vacationed
1. "The Lake"
2. Disney World (what a honeymoon!! - big kid at heart)
3. Reno
4. Banff

My favorite dishes
1. Steak!
2. Nachos
3. #170 at my favourite Chinese restaurant!!!
4. Greek Salad

Non blogging sites I visit
1. CNN
2. People.Com
3. The Sun (Newspaper)
4. Weather...

Places I'd like to visit
1. Atlanta
2. Europe
3. Canadian East coast
4. anywhere hot!

Now, I'll gut (or make that cut) and paste this to my blog, although I'm sure there is a more efficient way of linking - but alas (though I am excellent at what "I" have to do on a computer) I have not discovered the finer things in blogging just yet.

30/1/06 21:04  
Blogger Druski said...

Yeesh. Alright, here ya go, just don't expect me to post this on my blog. I'm saving that for... y'know... important... stuff...

Anyway:

4 Jobs I've Had
1. Warehouse person (describes about ¾ of my summer jobs as an undergrad… don’t know why)
2. Beer Vendor (at the Osborne Village Motor Inn… made for some interesting nights)
3. Audio-Visual Technician (chicks dig the A/V techs. And I still have the shirt)
4. Senior Analyst (current job… the title is the ultimate in non-descriptiveness)

4 Movies I can watch over and over
1. The Big Lebowski (“The Dude abides”)
2. Office Space (“PC Load Letter? What the f*** does that mean?”)
3. Super Troopers (“I don’t want a large Farva. I want a goddamn litre of cola!”)
4. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle (“You know the holocaust? Picture the exact opposite of that”)

4 Places I've Lived
1. Winnipeg – West End (till I was 6)
2. Winnipeg – River Heights (till I moved out)
3. Winnipeg – Fort Garry (first apartment after moving out)
4. Winnipeg – Corydon Village (currently)

4 Places I've Vacationed
1. Caribbean cruise – Tampa-Grand Cayman-Cozumel-New Orleans-Tampa
2. ‘The Lake’ – well, various lakes actually, but it pretty much amounts to the same thing
3. ‘The Lakehead’ – i.e., Thunder Bay, ON
4. Grand Forks, ND and Fargo, ND about a zillion times
Hmmm, I just realised it’s been a long time since I took a full week off.

4 Of My Favorite Dishes
1. Fettuccini Alfredo
2. BBQ ribs (hell, BBQ anything)
3. A basic breakfast (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast) at any decent diner – The Nook and Falafel Place are two of the best
4. Fat Boy and Greek salad from George’s (the one on St. Mary’s) – it’s got salad, therefore it’s healthy

4 Non-Blogger Sites I visit daily
1. plastic.com – (mostly) intelligent discussion of current events and issues
2. Wikipedia – when you need to know about just about anything
3. cbc.ca – what’s going on in the world
4. rec.sport.disc – what’s going on in the world of ultimate, plus pointless rants about the game by crazy idealogues, college team hype, debates on which type of cleats are best, and the occasional ‘what if’ rules question that would never come up in a thousand games. Good stuff.

4 Places I'd Like to Visit
1. Halifax (Nationals, baby! Plus I always wanted to go there anyway)
2. Denmark (well, somewhere in Europe anyway… when I was a kid I always wanted to go to Legoland, so Denmark it is)
3. Montreal (I’ve heard nothing but good things)
4. Some random warm place (with a beach. Doesn’t really matter where, I’m just gonna lie on the beach all day anyway)

And I'm not 'tagging' anyone else... not sure if I know four more people with blogs, let alone four people I want to pester with random questions. But there you have it.

1/2/06 22:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home