Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Do as you are told... just be choosy about who you listen to.

Well - I suppose I should say I've been too busy to blog, but the fact is I was just having a couple crappy weeks and figured y'all (shout out to Lawrence Kansas!) would rather not read my frustrations with things that truly don't matter much.

So what's got me back here today?
Taking a lunch break at my desk - and this keeps me from working during my 'relaxing' time.
I didn't bring a lunch today, so I decided to make the 5 - 8 minute walk to Quizno's at the MTS Centre.
I'm not much of a fan vendors at the arena since they have limited menus - but I decided today "I will do what the bus told me to do."
Yes.

I decided that because a bus driving past showed the Quizno's Black Angus Beef sub along it's side, that I will do as the City of Winnipeg tells me. Why not? The traffic lights are run by the ctiy, the stop signs are maintained by the city; and we all pay attention to those... so why not eat the sandwich that is plastered along a city run bus?

Anyway - In this case, the city has done very well. This is a good sandwich. I think I shall email the bus driving people's organization, BOW (Bus Operators of Winnipeg)... yes I made that up and thank them for the suggestion.

And I'm open to other suggestions. What else should the city be advertising on?
How about an electronic sign at each traffic light? When the light is red it shows a 30 second ad for the take out restaurant on that block? hmmmm - I'm possibly on to something here.

Anyway - I'll leave you pondering now. I still have to adjust to the fact there is a monthly "advertisement magazine" called 'Shoe - Aholic" that people seem to really look forward to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

well, I had about given up on you!

I like shoes. THere's nothing wrong with owning 5 pairs of black shoes, though, I must admit, I do keep shoes far longer then the fashion magazine would care to know - unfortunately said magazine is not dealing with my budget - bought a $30 pair of "indoor" running shoes today. I sure hope it was worth it... (gotta love costco)

24/4/06 19:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home