Saturday, March 18, 2006

Me? A nerd?.. Well,I ain't denying it....

Well folks.. lets all put March 23rd on our calendars... ..

Why?! Because that's the estimated delivery date for my new computer.

I work as a computer tech by day, and my personal home computer has been around for nearly 10 years. In those 10 years she's repaired, coaxed, and cajoled in to providing me more than I could have asked. She's entitled to retirement, and I'm entitled to have to listen to a 'jet engine' cooling system whine in to life as I check my email..

So my solution comes from Dell.ca. I spent more $$$ than I really should have... but hey, I'll only live once.

Sorry to do this to you but... here's the machine I'm getting.

Dimension 9150
Pentium® D Processor 830 with Dual Core Technology (3GHz, 800FSB)

Operating System
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 (English)

Memory
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 4DIMMs

Keyboard
Dell Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse

Monitors
20 inch UltraSharp™ 2005FPW Widescreen Digital Flat Panel

Video Cards
256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory

Hard Drives
320GB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 160GB SATA HDDs)

Floppy Drive and Media Reader
13 in 1 Media Card Reader

Mouse
Mouse included in Dell Wireless Package

Network Interface
Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet

Modem
56K PCI Telephony Modem

CD or DVD Drive
Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write capability

Sound Card
Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy® ADVANCED HD Audio

Speakers
Dell A215 Speakers

IEEE 1394 Adapter

Dual Monitor Support
DVI-VGA Adapter to connect 2 CRT Monitors to dual capable Video Card

Media Center Enhancements
Single TV Tuner with Remote Control

If you're wondering what the link from my title is - that's the Purolator tracking of my computer. One will be my monitor.. and the other will be my computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home