Sunday, April 30, 2006

Is this really news?..... I think it might just be real news...US NEWS!!!

So I was checking the headlines on my home page and saw that Condleeza Rice had a tough interview on CBS "Face the Nation" this morning. So I check out CBS.com and found the above clip.

I am shocked. A reporter, actually challenged their guest on a couple of points. Granted, if this was 1 year ago when Bush's approval was something more than what it is today (something in the 30% + range I think) would Schieffer have had the "you know what" to challenge her comment about the Iraqi army 'melting' away.

It is unfortunate that next to no one will have seen this program - I'm no better, I just caught the 2 mins you may have just watched.

This reminds me of when I found a BBC report online about the state of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. The video reporter actually made the effort to follow a police SWAT unit as they had a gun fight in some housing project where armed looters had based themselves. They showed an actual gunfight, in the streets of New Orleans!!! And I don't recall any of the US networks even mentioning it.

I hope we can expect more from the news than just regurgitate what they're allowed to say. We'll see.

Anyway - off to enjoy some more of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home