Monday, May 01, 2006

Tearing up...

When a grown man cries, it can mean many different things:
  • If he's at a funeral, it's likely because he's lost someone he cares for.
  • If he's with a woman, she may have just broken his heart.
  • If he's at a sporting event, he may have witnessed a triumph of the human spirit played out.

I do not claim to be comfortable with crying, or even seeing other men cry... but it is natural and I respect it. It just seems to me, like all expressions of emotion, has a place and time.

The time and place to cry is NOT in the elevator at the office.

I was the one in tears today.

I'm in the elevator, checking my blackberry (yes, I'm one of those people) and something made my eyes begin to well up uncontrollably.. and my nose run.

The WORLDS WORST APPLICATION OF PERFUME!!!!!!

For the love of all that is good - If you enter an elevator and notice everyone shuts up, sniffles.. or even hold their breath... IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHNG WRONG!!!

To the lady in the elevator today:

Please, please please - do not be offended when upon seing you enter the elevator I exit it right away. Why do you feel that unless the plants around you go brown and wilty at the edge of their leaves that you aren't wearing enough "Strawberry Shortcake Eau de Toilet".

And for Pete's sakes... Roseanne was the only one around to wear her hair the way you do. And when you stand a touch over 5 feet, and wear it up - the crown of your do happens to reach the tip of my nose which sits 5 feet and 7 inches from the floor.

Please - don't make me cry again.. the guys in the office look at me funny when I walk to my desk wiping the tears from my eyes.

3 Comments:

Blogger rawbean said...

I can't believe you corrected me on color/colour thing. Look at all the typos - even in the title! You can fix that you know.

2/5/06 21:45  
Blogger Huma said...

danke Mme Rawbean.... my midday posts at work don't receive the attention they deserve. Making correktions now. . . :)

My only concern with the dropping of the 'U' from colour is the fact it's another sad example of how our Canadian identitiy is being sucked away....

3/5/06 00:33  
Blogger Blondie said...

ok, I know I posted a comment this morning... where did it go?

3/5/06 21:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home